Cambridge for Europe is a branch of the European Movement UK, based in the City of Cambridge and surrounding towns and villages in the county of Cambridgeshire.
Our objectives are:
- to further the aims and objectives of the European Movement.
- to campaign for the UK to have the closest possible relationship with the European Union including campaigning for the UK to re-join the EU.
- to help identify, expose and publicise adverse consequences of Brexit as they arise particularly the impacts on local communities and businesses
- to champion British European Identity and the values of the EU, including the promotion of peace, prosperity and the environment.
- to champion the rights of EU citizens in the UK and UK citizens living in the EU.
- to encourage and facilitate greater understanding of the UK’s historic, present and future interdependence with the other countries of Europe, especially amongst young people.
- to campaign for electoral reform in the UK, and in particular for proportional representation in local and national elections
Cambridge for Europe also works with a range of other organisations, for example the3million, on specific campaign issues and events.